National AJET Internationalisation Award
The National AJET Internationalisation Award recognises members of the JET community who have made a positive impact towards increasing international awareness in Japan. This includes creating internationalisation events, the creation of English clubs in schools, starting sports teams or interest groups, or by otherwise devoting their time and effort to internationalisation in their local communities.
- Any JET Programme participant (ALT, CIR, SEA) may nominate a member of the JET community who has made exceptional efforts to improve international awareness, either in the community or the workplace.
- Nominations are made by using the online Internationalisation Award nomination form including a submission of between 250-500 words to the AJET CIR Representative.
- Nominations will be accepted in either English or Japanese.
- Multiple nominations may be submitted by the same JET participant.
- Nominations are accepted by the AJET Council between February 20th and March 20th.
- Entries are judged by the AJET National Council.
All entries are judged by the AJET National Council. The judges will consider the following when evaluating entries:
- The initiation or expansion of activities to promote international awareness/understanding
- The creation and fulfillment of grassroots internationalisation activities
- Personal commitment to international awareness, and the ability to work well with people of different cultural backgrounds
- The integration of international affairs and the international world-view into multiple aspects of work or daily life
Nominated individuals who clearly demonstrate any or all of the judging criteria will receive a Letter of Recognition and Certificate of Achievement sent by the AJET National Council.
The deadline has passed for nominations. Thanks to everyone who sent in a nomination!