Do you love travelling and giving back to others? National AJET is planning a spring break community service trip to the Philippines in March 2015. We have partnered with Gawad Kalinga Community Development Foundation (GK), a local Filipino NGO, to sponsor a 5-day, 4-night excursion in Metro Manila. Since its establishment in 2003, Gawad Kalinga has tirelessly worked to end poverty in the Philippines. Recently, they have been rebuilding the damage done by Typhoon Haiyan in 2013.
Would you like to take part in this journey to rebuild the Philippines? Volunteers will build homes and organize English activities for the local children. Aside from the community service, you’ll have plenty of time to visit places that rival even Hawaii’s famous tourist areas. Volunteers will also have the opportunity to spend 3 days in a premiere tourist destination. Take the jump into another island-hopping adventure! To join this heartwarming experience that you will never forget, contact our Director of Volunteering, Tka Tyne, by November 14th.
- Program Fee*: 12,000 Philippines Pesos, approximately 30,000 yen (includes airport pick-up & drop-off, transportation, build site, on-site accommodation w/ beneficiaries, meals during build/tour, 2 nights lay-over at hotel in Metro Manila- arrival & departure, and build/tour kit)
- Maximum participants: 25
- Project Dates: March 28th through April 1st, 2015
- Rest Time: April 1st through April 4th, 2015
- Fly back to Japan: April 5th, 2015
- Flight to and from Philippines: Dependent on your departure location
- Round-trip flight from Manila to rest site: Approximately 60,000 yen, but subject to change
*Program fee is subject to change based on exchange rate.